Pointers to other sites
The ignored health care crisis called prostatitis:
- "Up to 50% of men will experience symptoms of prostatitis during their lifetimes."
Thomas Stamey, MD
- "Prostatitis may be the most common disease of middle aged men."
- Urologist R. Sharifi, MD
- "Prostatitis is the most common urologic disease of men."
, et. al.
- "30% of normal asymptomatic males of military age have purulent prostatic secretions."
- The Principles Of Surgery
- "Over 50% of men biopsied for prostate cancer will have the prostatitis lesion whether they have cancer or not."
et. al.. in abstract, and also Pathologist
John McNeal, MD.
- "In one study using only limited cultures 21% of men with benign prostatic hypertrophy had infected prostate tissue
removed at surgery."
- "About 53,000 radical prostatectomies and 285,000 transurethral resections of the prostate are done yearly in the U.S. "
- National Center For Health Care Statistics
(no one is studying this tissue to find the cause of the prostatitis lesion).
- "An astonishing 80% of men will eventually get a prostate disorder [cancer, benign prostatic hypertrophy, or prostatitis]. "
|This information is forwarded to you by the Prostatitis Foundation. We do not provide medical advice. We distribute literature and information relevant to prostatitis. While we encourage all research we do not endorse any doctor, medicine or treatment protocol. Consult with your own physician.
|© 2002 The Prostatitis Foundation |
||Further Contact:(click on words or mailbox)
This page was created by Ideasmith®.
Add to this site